Note: Some lessons learned might seem quite known or even trivial – but when 10year World Boxing Champion Wladimir Klitschko with all his power, professionalism, experience, mental and physical fitness makes those simple mistakes, then are we sure it can`t happen to us?
- If you rely too much on size alone, there will always be a bigger fish in the pond.
- Having been the undisputed champion for the last decade is no competitive advantage in itself.
- All preparation, strategy and planning will be in vain, when your competitor is quicker and constantly moving in unexpected ways.
- Some will always try to win ugly. You do not have to play along, but it also should not come as a surprise.
- Your strategy fails unequivocally? Change it!
- Quite likely it is better to score some weak hits then not to hit at all.
- If you have strong arguments, don`t wait too long. A well placed overture often decides the whole concert.
- Some fights you win with your brains, but the ultimate ones you win with your heart.
To sum it up, in Mark Twains words: „It`s not the size of the dog in the fight, it`s the size of the fight in the dog.“